MHHS Girls basketball will host tryouts the week of November 4 – 8, 2019. We hope to continue our run of success that our first generation of students established by representing the school with our core values of Improvement, Integrity and Humility. In Year 6, we look forward to seeing this generation of students continuing the tradition of excelling on and off the basketball court. YEAR 6: OUR HISTORY. OUR TIME. It’s now your time!
Below is information for tryout week. We will see you at the gym!
GIRLS BASKETBALL TRYOUT WEEK
11/04/19 – Monday – 4:00 – 6:00 PM – 1st day of tryouts (all levels)
11/05/19 – Tuesday – 2nd day of tryouts – 3:45 – 5:15 PM (Frosh/Soph), 5:15 – 6:45 PM (JV), 7:00 – 9:00 PM (Varsity)
11/06/19 – Wednesday – 3rd day of tryouts – 3:45 – 5:15 PM (Frosh/Soph), 5:15 – 6:45 PM (JV), 7:00 – 9:00 PM (Varsity)
11/07/19 – Thursday – 4th day of tryouts – 3:45 – 5:15 PM (Frosh/Soph), 5:15 – 6:45 PM (JV), 7:00 – 9:00 PM (Varsity)
11/08/19 – Friday – Team rosters announced – 1st Practices: 3:45 – 5:15 PM (Frosh/Soph), 5:15 – 6:45 PM (JV), 7:00 – 9:00 PM (Varsity)
Students must be present at tryouts! No exceptions.
All students should be prepared to scrimmage, some basketball drill work and cardio with and without the basketball.
After the 1st day of tryouts, students will be assigned to either Frosh/Soph, Junior Varsity or Varsity levels. Some students may be switched to another level the next two days. On Thursday 11/7/19, there may be minor movement between levels depending on coaches preferences. Friday 11/8/19, rosters will be announced by coaches of each level. Throughout the week, students should have a good idea of what level they will be assigned.
All students must be athletically cleared in order to participate. Students who are not athletically cleared will watch from the sideline and won’t be in consideration for the team until athletically cleared by MHHS administration.
For physicals, please follow these steps:
- Download the MHHS Physical form here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/vnn-aws-sites/10999/files/2017/03/5b88773a98eb3fc7-Physical-Form.pdf
- Obtain your physical from your doctor, have them sign the physical form
- Upload the completed physical form to https://www.athleticclearance.com/. You will need to create an account and identify the school as Mountain House High and upload proof of insurance and your completed physical.
- Call the MHHS front office at 209-836-7460 to inform them your physical is uploaded to athleticclearance.com
- The coaches cannot do anything if you give them your physical. You must upload it yourself to Athleticclearance.com and be cleared by the MHHS front office.
All students must have a GPA 2.3 or above to be eligible to practice and play in games.
Students with a 2.0-2.29 GPA will be based on academic probation and will be allowed to practice, but not play in games.
Students below a 2.0 GPA are considered ineligible and must talk to MHHS Athletic Director Lupe Galindo to discuss the possible options.
For any questions, please email Varsity Coach Reno Ursal @ firstname.lastname@example.org.